Friday 25 September 2009

An Inspector Calls.

So, on Wednesday night I went, with my school, to go see An Inspector Calls at the Novello Theatre in London.

Let me just say, I love the theatre. It's all so pretty and dramatic. Also, the only times I ever go is to musicals with my Nanna, which is always so much fun, and to see my cousins in things and that is amazing; seeing these two people I celebrated the millennium with up on stage, being completely different people. It's awesome.

I also love the play, most people hate the texts they have to read for exams but I ended up reading the whole thing while we were only half way through in class because it was so interesting. So I was really looking forward to it.

Possibly the most dramatic thing happened before we were anywhere near the theatre, funnily enough. We got to the other campus of our school* and they realised that one of the girls from my site wasn't on any of the lists the teachers had. She didn't have a ticket. What happened was that she had put her name down, and paid but after the date. So they hadn't got her a ticket and the money had been refunded. She was not told this. But we carried on towards the motorway, the teachers on the phone trying to sort something out for her. We get to the junction and the coach in front turns onto the motorway. We go around the roundabout. We were going back to school. Twenty minutes later we're back, sat in the school car park trying to work out who this girl's mother is shouting at.

But they managed to get her a ticket and it's all okay.

One of my friends managed to pwn one of the teachers with us by counting Starbucks; he said 'I don't think this is quite the target market for Starbucks'

Que Starbucks to appear in his window. Oh, the hilarity.

The play itself; loved it. It was very dramatics but it was a piece of drama so... hehe. Shelia annoyed me at the beginning but she's supposed to be this silly little girl so that was just because the actress (Marianne Oldham) was good. Mrs. Birling (Sandra Duncan) was hilarious, I'm pretty sure she was supposed to be. I hope she was. I wasn't too keen on the inspector to be honest, that may have been the way the director (Stephen Daldry) saw him but that wasn't my inspector. There was also these creepy little kids and a lot of random people that had nothing to do with the book's story line. But it was really good.

I told my boyfriend that when we grow up we're going to go to the theatre a lot** and he said okay. So all my money shall go to theatre tickets, woo! Well, there' much worse addictions! Hehe.

Bien a toi,
Emma
x x x

[*We're spilt into two campuses because the original one wasn't big enough for all the students
** In the same way we plan our wedding, name our children etc. We're not nessicarily serious.]

No comments: