Monday 4 May 2009

Road Trips

T'other day I watched Elizabeth town. Amazing film. You should like totally watched it. :)

It starts off a little slow and you may, like me, think what was Amanda getting so excited about? It's not that great a film. (Okay; maybe the 'Amanda' just applies to me...) But then you start liking it. You start loving it. And then you want someone to plan an amazing road trip for you, including a great soundtrack and several stopping points. Then all you want to do is go on a road trip even though you lack a car and well.. are too young to drive anyway.



So to add to my list of thing to do in life; an amazing road trip. Or perhaps two; one with people. One alone. I should really start saving petrol money now coz when I can drive that's all I'm going to want to do. When buses into your village are about every two hours you really want to drive yourself places. Not to mention how much I hate asking my parents to drive me places, they have their own lives they shouldn't have to, for example, not drink on a Friday night because they need to pick me up. Sometimes I think that, for a teenager, I make quite an... easy daughter. Wouldn't you say?



But anyway; road trips.

My auntie once told me she used to want to be a lorry driver. It seemed the best job in the world to her, she could just sit there and drive, listening to the radio or her music. And they always have those little toys hanging all over the place; that appealed to her young self.

I can see her point. I want to just go for a drive sometimes, just sit in my car, turn the radio right up and drive. Maybe not even know where I'm going; drive for the sake of driving.



In other news; Windows Movie Maker hates me. I kid you not. Earlier this evening I had to stop the video editing that I was doing because I was so frustrated at it. Grr.

The thing about writing blogs and then leaving them for a little while to come back to is that the last bit no longer applies; I edited the video and have uploaded it to that good old YouTube. But WMM still hates me methinks.




I'm just gunna leave this blog right about here.

Stay in school, don't take drugs and (most importantly) don't forget to be awesome :)

Emma
x x x

No comments: